CBAA seeks to reinvigorate participation and activities occurring throughout the country. Our initial focus is to support the development of strong regional activity in cities in which we have significant numbers of alumni (100 or more). These geographic areas are: Massachusetts, New York, Philadelphia/Southern NJ, Maryland/DC/Virginia, Northern California and Southern California. Although we have Regional Reps in some of these cities, we have found that a strong organization requires active commitment and participation by more than one individual.
As CBAA’s membership has grown, regional chapters have sponsored cultural, social, civic and professional activities with varying degrees of success. To expand upon the ability to provide for CBAA membership in these capacities, this CBAA Executive Board will assist CBAA Regional Representatives in:
• Sponsoring local activities that are consistent with CBAA’s established mission and objectives;
• Informing the CBAA community about relevant university actions;
• Providing greater input and influence into policy and decision making;
• Assessing both impact and effectiveness in the local regions; and
• Representing local CBAA chapters’ interest to the university and the CBAA Executive Board.
Please make your opinion, suggestion or comments about our national and local programming known by contacting Ifeoma Ebo, VP of Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org.